How to configure an agent as a file server agent
How to configure an Ascema agent as a file server agentlink
If an Ascema agent is not configured as a file server as part of the initial installation you will need to apply the setting on the Devices screen so that the agent is handled correctly by the Ascema system.
- From the Acema Endpoint home screen select the Admin Tasks menu item
- Selecting this menu will open out the menu options for administrators
- From the list of menu items select Devices
- The devices maintenance screen will be displayed
- A list of registered devices will be displayed
- If the agent has not yet been configured as a file server it will show the normal endpoint agent icon as shown here.
- You may confirm this by placing the mouse pointer over the agent type icon
- Click on the Actions button
- From the list of available actions select Make FileServer
- The device type icon will now be for a file server
- The number of file servers shown as connected will now increase
For future searches this endpoint Agent will now be treated as a file server agent.